If you're trying to follow a vegan diet, it might be tough to find a delivery pizza that meets your needs. However, this homemade vegan pizza with a garlic white sauce, soy cheese, and sauteed vegetables will satisfy your taste buds.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups soy "cheese"
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florettes
- 1 cup raw baby spinach
- To make the dough, begin by combining the water, yeast, and white sugar. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the flour, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and salt to the bowl, and stir until a firm ball of dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto lightly floured surface, and knead for 5 minutes. The dough should be smooth and uniform.
- Drizzle a little of the remaining olive oil into a large bowl, and place the dough inside. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and place it in a warm place. Let the dough rise for 2 hours; it should appear puffy and bubbly.
- Press the dough down to remove excess air, and then shape it into a ball. Place this ball on a pizza tray to rest.
- While the dough is resting, prepare the white sauce. Combine the cashews, coconut milk, and garlic in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. You can add a little salt and pepper to taste if you prefer.
- Prepare the vegetables. Begin by adding the remaining olive oil to a skillet. When the oil is hot, add the onions, zucchini and broccoli to the pan. Saute until the veggies are tender, and then add the spinach to the pan. Continue sauteeting briefly until the spinach wilts.
- Once 20 minutes have passed, use your hands to stretch the dough out into a large, approximately 14-inch circle.
- Spread the white sauce over the crust. Then, top it with the soy "cheese" and the sauteed vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. (The pizza will rest and rise a little during this time.)
- Bake the pizza for 18 - 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the bottom of the crust is brown.
- Remove from the oven, cool for 5 minutes, and then slice.
For more information about pizza, contact Uno Chicago Grill or a similar company.